Change Management and Cultural Development
We spent a lot of time thinking about what sets change management and culture development as practiced by the Flow Group apart from similar practices of others. We concluded that all of our processes are built on the trinity of visioning - diagnosis - action plan, which is identical to the approach used by other experts and contains nothing unique. Finally, we summarized what extras the Flow Group can offer to clients, and how our management of change differs from that of others.
- We are different from others in terms of HOW we lead change: we work simultaneously in soft and hard processes with soft and hard tools. The point is to create an environment where you can experience flow. While engaging in consulting projects we also work in a manner to reach flow as often as possible. On the one hand because we like being in flow and on the other hand because we have found that experiencing flow during a creative process will be reflected by the outcome.
- Flow has four preconditions according to the definition of Mihály Csíkszentmihályi:
- clear-cut objectives,
- continuous and immediate feedback,
- a sense of control and
- a dynamic balance between skills and challenges.
- Once the foundations are given, we work as consultants to lead change in partnership with you in line with the basic principles of flow.
- We keep objectives in focus and validate them on a continuous basis.
- We provide feedback opportunities: we communicate with you, create discussion forums for you and indicate to you what we conclude from your previous inputs.
- We empower you to take responsibility for your own processes.
- We ensure a dynamic balance between skills and challenges by progressing just as much and in a manner that your changing organization can accept under the given circumstances and we do not force processes that are unfit for an organization/situation.
- As regards the institutionalization of change the "only" support we provide to you is to ensure that you apply the above mentioned principles and
- keep objectives continuously in focus,
- provide continuous feedback in the new situation – communicate in your organization, create discussion forums and provide progress reports to all stakeholders,
- empower your people to take their own share in the process
- ensure a dynamic balance between skills and challenges – by moving and administering change in small digestible steps, and by fine tuning new operations if necessary
All of that is supported by measurement tools gauging the flow capability and culture of the organization accurately and spectacularly. We use the Flow Competency System® to prepare the managers who participate in processes for managing subsequent changes on their own.
Leadership and Talent Development
Market requirements are changing and the training market is in a state of reform. There is a distinct shift away from traditional training practices to complex solutions. Complex management development is best suited to achieving the goal that in addition to being enthusiastic at the end of a program, the participants will actually integrate the subject matter acquired into their management practices. We seek to implement complex management development processes in your organizations in cooperation with you so as to efficiently support the success of your organization in business.
The complex management development processes we orchestrate combine training with methods, options and actions associated with individual preparation, field work, education, workshops and personal coaching. We engage in development projects to ensure the integration of the latest management theories and methodologies into our repertoire. As a result, we can provide you with up to date practical knowledge and handy tools.
We want to excel by
- implementing in your organization development programs of uniform approach targeted at top, medium level and line managers and at a second line of managers in succession;
- delivering to you knowledge that integrates into management practices and helps management more effective;
- conducting management development events that reinforce participants to apply management tools more consciously in their day-to-day work.
Our development efforts are aimed at:
- continuously renewing our training and development offering by integrating new and successful methodologies that we become familiar with;
- ensuring that our programs support organizational change and change of culture programs;
- developing program participants by combining the methods of individual coaching, workshops and traditional training to achieve long term development impact;
- delivering to you training/development programs of greater uniformity, integrity and completeness;
- ensuring that participants become more effective through experiencing flow while at work.
Coaching and Personal Development
We believe that an organization can live up to its potential if the people in it are also self-actualized; our personal development methods support you in achieving just that. Personal development is recommended first of all to leaders, key staff members and project managers and is provided in a complex manner that covers the client's personality, motivation and skills.
We support you by enabling you to rely more securely on your key staff members to reach a higher level of utilizing and strengthening the existing skills of management staff in the short run and to retain them for the organization in the long run.
Personal development provides benefits, because it is
- efficient – concentrated, with wider coverage of topics during a unit of time and keeping the client in sharp focus;
- flexible – adjusts to needs and situations as they arise during the process;
- practice oriented – we help integrate the subject matter of coaching into daily practices, provide longer follow-up to create and fix the desired change.
Personal development activities and methods:
- Individual coaching, executive coaching
- Group coaching, Action Learning
- Training coaches and mentors
- Supervision (individually and in groups)
- On-the-job training
- Skills development for individuals and mini groups (up to 4)
- Themed training sessions targeted at personal development (Navigator program, Leading from Within)
- Individual assesment of managerial/leadership skills, management simulation (for selection or development purposes)
- Personal feedback to personality surveys (e.g. LSI, GPOP, ARP, 360 degree survey)
We recommend personal development
- to support development – for instance upon promoting or assigning new responsibilities to a yet inexperienced manager;
- when things get jammed – for instance when managers are exposed to extra stress, suffer from reduced performance, lack of motivation or dilemmas;
- in the case of a major change – for instance at career turning points, or upon changing a job or living conditions;
- as follow-up after training sessions to support skills development;
- for crisis management..
Cooperation is fine!
It is good to be curious about others, to understand what they think and want. It feels fine to get tuned to other people's feelings, train of thought or tempo, it is pleasing to keep common pace: walk together, stop at times and daydream or conversely to accelerate and race along. It is good to subject a problem to common thinking. It is nice to throw in and catch ideas and develop them further. It is good to give feedback, exchange or confront ideas.
Inspire and be inspired. It is good to say yes. It is good to initiate and to join in. Shared creation is good: shared construction and building something together, sharing joy, sharing laughter and tears.
We, the consultants of the Cooperation Center of Excellence, like to cooperate. It is not always easy, but we have been trying hard. For decades.
That is why we think that we have the ability to create and run programs designed to assist, improve and support cooperation that our clients will not get elsewhere. This may seem conceited, but our self-confidence is justified.
The consultants developing this theme in the Flow Group have been conducting cooperation programs for the past 5 to 30 years (and several numeric variants between the two)! They have contacted countless people (or at least it would be very hard to keep tally). They are convinced that working together and acting together will always take you further than individual wit! They love to energize groups and be energized by them! They are certain that each team will develop and improve. Their programs facilitate stronger personal ties, lending momentum to job performance.
The performance of cooperative teams far outweighs that of a divided group of people. We have measured that at several companies in forints and dollars, tons and kilometers, percentage of mistakes and levels of perfection. That is why it is not worth waiting for performance to start declining.
Cooperation development may be necessary if
- at least two persons (or at most the whole company) require(s) smoother cooperation.
- both fun and learning are important.
- only fun is important.
- a group seriously intends to become a team, and needs a "propellant".
- things could be smoother.
- people are detached from each other, which harms performance at work.
- people are tired of old routines.
- it is necessary to work in teams, and it would be nice to turn it into experiencing flow.
The following might help
- team building for small and large groups,
- cooperation workshop,
- our Have Fun program,
- full day team building for the entire company,
- and countless other well-thought out and creatively implemented programs.
We prepare it, design it, shape it, rethink it, rewrite it, retune it and run it. It gives us great pleasure at the same time to think and act together with our clients and each other. And we celebrate together at the end.
Of the several Centers of Excellence of the Flow Group, ours delivers added value to you in skills development. Attending our programs you get fresh products instead of tinned solutions: what we create is original and unique. We are interested in ensuring that the Flow Group is looked upon as the trademark of quality, originality and uniqueness in skills development (much like Michelin stars in gastronomy).
To justify that, our development and tailor made solutions synthesize what over forty trainer-consultants of the Flow Group can contribute in terms of
- professional and personal experience,
- knowledge acquired about domestic and international for-profit and non-profit organizations, and
- familiarity with the implementation of classic and special development projects
We develop innovative and delightful solutions to ensure that program participants have their share of the flow experience, help them recognize that they are capable of record breaking performance in that state of mind. We encourage participants to look for and find flow in their daily jobs so that they can reach outstanding performance on a regular basis
We are aware that no organizations, business situations or job positions are exactly the same, which is why our creative workshop never produces two identical training courses or development solutions. Customization is complemented with the important principle and method of communicating openly. That is also supported by the composition of our development processes, which allow for creativity, innovation and finding the best solution within a tested framework that guarantees security.
- We start out by familiarizing ourselves with and understanding your market position, corporate culture and the competences required by a job or a position in the organization.
- Next, we explore the current situation and/or survey the specific needs for skills development.
- After diagnosing, we elaborate several ideas for development solutions and work with you to select and implement the ones that are most likely to attain the development objectives and expected results in your organization.
- Besides professional preparation and implementation, applying the skills in your workplace environment also receives pronounced emphasis. To achieve that, we provide tailor-made and multifarious support to participants by combining novel and proven methods.
A (non-exhaustive) list of frequently recurring skills development themes:
- Emotional intelligence
- Stress management
- Conflict management
- Self-knowledge, knowing people
- Management skills
- Presentation, rhetoric
- Time and task management
- Project management
- Decision making
- Internal training, facilitation, coaching and consulting skills
- Negotiation techniques
We frequently experience flow while we work to develop or create solutions: we work together with pleasure, at high levels of proficiency, deep commitment and enjoyment. We are eager to know you as a client, we are open to your individual needs and views, we are enthused by the opportunity to participate in inspirational cooperation with you and with each other to promote the realization of the agreed development goals in your organization.
Strategic HR Development
With corporate HR and operations development experience, our team of consultants adopt an integrated approach to hard and soft HR developmentcomponents to help you develop a top performer HR organization that works in “flow".
Our activities cover:
- strategic level HR support,
- developing HR team competences,
- establishing, developing, fine tuning and introducing individual HR systems.
Pivotal points in our development processes
- We rely on your business strategy as a basis for developing your HR strategy.
- We strengthen the real and perceived strategic partnership role of the HR function in your organization.
- We diagnose your HR area and use our findings to make recommendations about improving HR processes, systems, methods and operations. All of the above is done in full accord with your corporate strategy and the culture of your organization.
- We survey and use the findings and attainable objectives in developing the technical and personal competences of your HR team.
- We establish and/or improve HR systems on a competence management basis: system of job positions / recruitment, selection / performance management / remuneration / training, development / succession and career management / knowledge management / HR controlling.
- Our development work progresses in the framework of workshops, training sessions, HR coaching and interim HR management.
- Program participants receive methods and tools they can immediately put to good use in their daily work.
As a result of our efforts
- your HR processes will become clear and transparent and will harmonize with the strategy and culture of your organization;
- your HR organization will become more robust in its strategic partnership role;
- the members of your HR organization will grow to become competent, self-confident colleagues adopting a consultative approach;
- your HR organization will create and operate properly functioning systems
- the managers of your organization will assume greater responsibility for "People Management" and managers will apply and utilize HR tools.
By setting up this Center of Excellence we seek to deliver services that help our business partners increase the level of consciousness and efficiency of their operations and financial management. We offer tangible, repeatedly tested, verified and proven tools for working together with you.
Only well organized companies can survive sustainably and operate profitably. We assist you in achieving that by providing services in the areas of Process and efficiency development and the Development of organizational structure and the system of roles and responsibilities.
As part of these processes:
- we collect shareholder and senior management expectations relating to the operating processes;
- we map, and if necessary document, your existing processes;
- we define the problems associated with your existing processes;
- we explore the differences between current and expected operations;
- we make recommendations for improvement;
- we construct action plans for achieving the desired mode of operation;
- we develop and document the process model and component processes;
- we define the transition points between process stages;
- we prepare a matrix of activities, roles and responsibilities.
A LeanSwat szolgáltatásunk egy olyan folyamatfejlesztési megközelítésen alapul, amely úgy kombinálja a Six Sigma DMAIC metodológiát a Lean eszközeivel, hogy partnereink a lehető leghamarabb élvezhessék ezen eszközök eredményeit. A LeanSwat gyors és hatékony megoldást nyújt akkor is, ha korlátozott idő és adat áll rendelkezésre a folyamatfejlesztésre.
Sales and Frontline Development
To be profane, when income is credited to its account or the teller machine is clinking with money are the best moments for an organization. Everyone tries to ensure this happens predictably and as frequently as possible.
Developing this Center of Excellence, we collected the knowledge and experience that help you enhance the sales performance of your organization. Our professional cooperation and common thinking with you relies on the integration of decades of sales and sales management experience, several models underpinning a variety of approaches, familiar systems, process and sales tools plus the knowledge and experience our trainer-consultants gathered in several industries. Our approach combines sales systems with a system of sales management to ensure that sales persons and their managers work in a uniform system. We seek to mobilize all of this knowledge, experiences and approaches to the benefit of organizations who turn to us in an attempt to acquire as many satisfied customers as possible.
A (non-exhaustive) list of frequently recurring themes:
- Making contacts, cold calls, telesales
- Identifying needs, techniques for collecting information
- Determining sales potential
- Structure of offers
- Selling the benefits, distinctive selling
- Estimating potential for success
- Sales roles, aides and hurdles
- Managing objections and resistance
- Closing techniques
- Sales coaching
- Selling or serving
- Developing sales objectives and plans
- Developing activity plans
- Market segmentation
- Evaluating sales performance
- Sales meetings
- Problem solving and conflict management in sales
- Systems development
- Motivational and incentive systems
- Sales mathematics
- Basics of working in a shop
- Efficient organization of the daily work of sales staff
- Sales strategies
These are the topics we process in an orchestrated manner in order to maintain long term commercial relations to the satisfaction of both parties. After all, our clients make out our pay checks...